MIAM

MIAM

Friday, 2 June 2017

Five On Friday

It's Friday again so I'm linking up with Tricky Wolf at FASTblog with five random things about my week so far.


Walima


 Regular readers may remember a while ago that I purchased a salwar kameez in preparation for the walima of a colleague.  Here I am in the staff car park (not exactly looking my best after a 12 hour shift and a rub down with a wet wipe) before heading off to the celebrations.  We were treated to a fabulous selection of curries and a breathtaking display of Bhangra dancing.




New Shoes!




I've bought some much needed every day new sandals.  Due to my awful bunions which I am rather conscious about, I look for a soft design that cover and hopefully disguise them.  Now I'm wondering if they are frumpy?  Sod it I don't care, they are comfy and I can't be arsed with heels anymore.




Poor Service

Image result for penstemon


At the beginning of April I saw some plants advertised in a magazine and duly sent off for them as they seemed a good deal.  Hah!  Was I naive in expecting my order to be despatched promptly?  After four weeks I hadn't heard a word and wondered if my order had even reached the company.  Around that time I received my bank statement which confirmed that the cheque sent, had still not been banked.  A few days later I had cause to phone my bank and so also enquired whether my cheque had been presented yet.  The bank confirmed that it had.  By this time, (four weeks after my order was sent) the company had sent me a promotional catalogue but still no word about my order. 
 I called their head office.
The employee I spoke with told me that I would not be receiving my order until the end of June as the penstemons had been very popular and were out of stock. The tone in which this information was relayed was as though I should have expected this and no apology was offered at all.  I pointed out that if there was going to be a significant delay in processing orders, perhaps it would be good practice to let customers know, especially as by now, more than a month after my order was placed, they had managed to send two of their catalogues but still not a word about my order!  
Suffice to say, I will not be ordering from Hayloft Plants again.
What do you think?  Were my expectations too high or do you agree and think the service was poor?  In the end my plants arrived a couple of days ago....with two more bloody catalogues! 



Another Furry Foster Friend

I have another feline visitor!  
 Norman, a friendly chap with FIV has come to stay for a while until he finds a new owner. He eats like a horse, makes a funny mouse-like squeak and has an incredibly smelly backside.

  


I've knocked up another mini cat blanket for the Cats Protection which makes three now.... that wool stash is seriously diminishing.. 

 For some reason my camera has turned cerise pink into bright red!


New Crochet Project

On the subject of blankets...I've finally started on a crochet blanket for my van in France.  I bought the yarn a while back in the Wool Warehouse sale and had better get cracking, I want to take it with me when I drive to Pays de la Loire at the end of July.


I always have the radio on in the car and whilst driving around Vendée three weeks ago, I heard this on Nolstalgie, a station which plays golden oldies. It's been playing inside my head ever since my return. 
 Who, like me, is old enough to remember it?



32 comments:

  1. You look so happy & glad, your toe nails say summer :) Norman is cute <3 Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely in the salwar kameez. I like your shoes ... more important that you like them and they are comfy. I can't do heels anymore and my feet are very happy (as is my back). Norman is very handsome ... so lucky to be able to visit with you! Love the cat blanket and the yarn for YOUR new blanket. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking gorgeous in that salwar kameez, Fiona, and what a vibrant, summery colour. That company's service was definitely poor. They couldn at least have apologized. Customer service isn't always a guaranteed thing these days. Norman looks a like a lovely chap in spite of his smelly backside ;-) Oh, and finally: thanks for the earworm (and I didn't even listen, just saw the title ...) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, the salwar kameez was not only a striking colour but comfy as well. X

      Delete
  4. The sandals look great! I love your outfit. It looks like a lot of fun was had by all.

    Happy Five on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it was a lovely happy occasion.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, yes it was a lovely happy occasion.

      Delete
  5. You looked radiant in the orange "dress". No one would have guessed you were just coming off a long shift. I loved the pink dancers - wouldn't mind having one of those vests, just for fun.

    I couldn't look at your sandals for looking at your beautiful feet. I love it when toes make a nice diagonal with no one poking his nose out above the others.

    Has Norman lost his manhood yet? My Pepper made really smelly urine before he was neutered. Sweet-looking guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got to have comfortable shoes, haven't you! I hope your plants looked like the photo after all the hassle, nothing worse than keep looking for a delivery but at least they arrived eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dress ! at home I always wear Kaftans ! The cat looks so cozy !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely looking cat. Shame about the FIV and the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona, you look lovely in your Shalwar Kameez and the colour is gorgeous. Loved your wedge sandals, too. No one would ever had known you had just finished a twelve hour shift - that wet wipe must have had super powers!

    Love the new shoes - not at all frumpy - and toes are fabulous. I'm with you comfort is all.

    You were right to complain about the plants non arrival; sounds like poor communication on behalf of the company.

    A cat with a smelly bum - poor thing! It gives a whole new twist to the phrase - 'a mouth like a cat's arse'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Veronica! Glad you don't think the sandals are 'old lady'. x

      Delete
  10. The colour of your Shalwar Kameez is wonderful - really suits you and the sandals are fine - I'm on the look out for something similar - same problem!
    We have no cats at the minute and as a result there are lots of birds around but lately a new tom cat has been making his presence felt ...and smelt ....I can't resist cats, but the robins are letting me know they're not happy! So I chased him yesterday and lo and behold he's back again crying at the door this morning ... Decisions decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you might have a resident cat soon Fil!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like you might have a resident cat soon Fil!

      Delete
  11. Great photos and I don't think the sandals look frumpy at all, very cute! Such a sweet looking cat as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How could you think your new sandals look frumpy with your beautiful bright red toe nails!! Comfort has to rule, and they look both lovely and comfortable. You suited you Shalwar outfit, that dancing looked quite acrobatic. Laughing about your foster car, you are a good person!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Norman! That was my Dad's name! What a fine looking chap, he's a beaut!
    Talking of beaut, you look astounding in your salwar kameez! Great choice of colour, I can't tell you'd just finished a killer shift. The wedding dancing looks much better than the usual atrocious first dance to Shania Twain or some shite off Dirty Dancing.
    Those sandals aren't in the least bit frump. I like them.
    That plant company are taking the pee. What a cheek. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norman has just gone to an elderly gent on the south coast, I think they are a good match. Thought you'd like my SK! Xx

      Delete
    2. Norman has just gone to an elderly gent on the south coast, I think they are a good match. Thought you'd like my SK! Xx

      Delete
  14. beautiful photos, you look so good in the kameez. thanks for joining in with Five on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, terrible service by that company! I wouldn't anything else. Lovely cat visitor! And what pretty crochet. Your salmar kameez is beautiful! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look gorgeous! Such a great colour on you. And those sandals don't look at all frumpy to me. Think you were just right to keep on at that company, they should have apologised properly. I stopped ordering plants for a while after a few disasters (like the time they arrived when we were away for a week... even though I'd been promised that wouldn't happen) Ordered just a few things this year and had forgotten how teeny tiny they are when they arrive. Some didn't look too happy.
    Love the name Norman - he looks very like our cat Humbug. Every time I see your lovely crochet I want to get going again, certainly have enough yarn! But things keep getting in the way. I'm going to take a big bag of wool with me to France and try there, should be less distractions. How long are you going away for? It might be too tricky, or too far, but would you like to try to meet up? Can't find your email... xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the idea of sharing things at random about the week. It's a way to know you ... Web friends become real that way! The walima sounds very interesting, and you look sooooo nice wearing the traditional dress...

    Another furry friend in your life means that you have a big heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Walima sounds like a lot of fun, I like being introduced to different customs, and you look lovely in that colorful outfit.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fi

    Just to let you know that when you comment on my blog there are always two comments - the same. It's only been in the last few weeks but I thought I'd better let you know.

    Love the cat blanket; such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look fabulous i the photo and I love your new sandals. I just bought a new everyday pair and they have taken some tracking down I can tell you! Good Luck with your blanket looking forward to that one. jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Salwar Chemise! That service from the plant company is shocking! Don't buy from them again!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!