MIAM

MIAM

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Purple Hearts

I've a card to show you today and never has Made in a Muddle been more true, it's fair to say the craft room needs mucking out as I was almost knee deep in double sided carrier tape and paper offcuts.  I'm linking to the following challenges:





I stamped a border using a stamp from SU's Vintage Vogue set and  several shades of purple ink. I cut the heart shapes using Xcut dies and decorated with tiny gems, the sentiment is by Penny Black. (I believe) 

I haven't had much time for crafts lately what with the gym and other stuff.  I recently had an hour one-to-one session with a personal trainer which was included when I joined up.  I staggered out of the place with legs like jelly and wasn't able to sit down without lowering myself gently on the chair... or loo, for 5 days! Going upstairs was also a problem and as for going down...absolute torture!  To say I felt ancient and decrepit is an understatement but happily I am now fully recovered and working those neglected muscles like never before.

This interminable rain is getting on my wick and hampering any impromtu outings, but fortunately last Saturday it was fine as I went down to Brighton to celebrate my friend Jools' 50th birthday.
We all met in Havana's for a few bottles of vino and there was much cackling as some of us hadn't seen each other for years.  


 We then adjourned to Brown's for lunch


  Caledonian Airways class of '89




and afterward partook of a few more sherries at the next door cocktail bar.






It was such a brilliant day but in order to make the last bus back to my village I had to leave before the party was over. I very rarely take buses and certainly never late at night.  I was surprised to find a jovial atmosphere on board and several lone male passengers were most cordial to me. In a funny sort of way it was the perfect end to a rather fantastic day.

Anyone else enjoying BBC2's The Great Interior Design Challenge ?  I do like a nosey around other peoples homes, do you?

15 comments:

  1. I love purple and this card is stunning. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks terrific Fiona, I really like the shape of the heart dies you used.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the gymming is going well - had a similar problem with my derriere after a kettle bell class - impressed you pushed on through the pain, ashamed to say I gave up! Sounds like a fab get together in Brighton and a jolly bus ride home, love it when something unexpected like that happens.
    Gorgeous purple heart too - your cards are always so elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you stamped the border image with different shades of purple! So beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology this week. May-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a nice CAS card. Great colors. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Make it Monday.

    Hugs,
    Rocio -DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovely card for the PURPLE cue at CASology!!! Love the little gem and heart!
    Thanks so much for joining us, and hopefully you will loosen up and feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Fabulous card....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card. You could use the same one to send a secret valentines card. (If the recipient doesn't know you're a card maker.)
    Good on you for your excersising efforts. You've put me right off with your tale of after effects!
    I am LOVING that interiors show! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and stunning you in that Birmingham shift dress! Did your crew love it as much as we did?
    Your gym routine sounds a killer, I've been far too lazy this past month, the Wii Fit will be back with avengeance on Monday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and stunning you in that Birmingham shift dress! Did your crew love it as much as we did?
    Your gym routine sounds a killer, I've been far too lazy this past month, the Wii Fit will be back with avengeance on Monday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a stunning card Fiona, loving the purple.Great pics too looks like you all enjoyed it:) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I am so late, I had a couple of busy days and found myself completely behind with blogs.
    Gorgeous card, love the strong purple. Eek, the personal trainer business sounds tough, I think I would cry! Good for you for sticking with it, you'll be honed and toned and even more gorgeous before we know it!
    Lovely to see you having a ball with your pals in that brilliant tartan frock, bet you had a fab time! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh yes, i've been enjoying it. Me and my friend actually applied to go on it, but no success. Now i've seen it, it's probably just as well! Your card is such a lovely mix of colour pattern and text. I love your get together, you were clearly having a blast, and your journey home was perfect. I DO like it when gentlemen are cordial! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card. Love the purples! Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday

    Have a great day
    Rachael :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fab day out, Fiona. And interesting about the late bus being full of nice people, too - how fab! Love your dress, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!