MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 24 September 2011

The Garden of England

...is where I've been for a few days, visiting my Auntie in Ashford. I had a lovely time visiting Headcorn, Whitstable and the Factory Outlet and took lots of snaps with my new camera. There were plenty that I was disappointed with, but here are some I am brave enough to show you.


The obligatory postcards were bought here


Lovely quaint old streets


Moules Mariniere for lunch here...


...followed by a stroll around the harbour,


then along the beach.


...some washed-up old relic


aren't they pretty?


doughnuts to die for!!!


(He's not wrong!)


.....the end of a perfect day.


Back home there's work to be done, I'm having new windows fitted and furniture needs to be shifted beforehand. My craft room will be a no-go zone for the next week as I'm having the window partially bricked in. I'm dreading all the mess and chaos but it will be worth it to have some decent windows at last.
See you when it's all over.

Thanks for looking and all your comments.
Fiona x


6 comments:

  1. Wow, these photos are fab Fiona - I love the seaside, hope you had a great time! :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pics Fiona
    We had a caravan in Whitstable some years ago. Wonderufl place!
    Oh those donuts look low calorie too...result lol

    mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your seaside pics Fiona, especially the one of the nets on the harbourside and the one of you looking so glamourous with your scarf and shades! Glad you had a good trip. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photo's Fiona those beach huts look so pretty. Shout if you need any help moving the furniture don't go struggling by yourself.

    Eunice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. In 1999 we had a holiday in Whitstable with two tots and had the most wonderful time there. Your lovely photos brought it all back to me! I'll never forget honeycomb ice cream at the Royal Oyster House... yum! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are fabulous Fiona. You've certainly captured the essence of Whitstable - love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!